Thursday, May 22, 2008

"Who’s Who"(Hoping for lost ID)-Morally or Spiritually

Interactive work/performance held in various area


I was looking for my ancestors in hub spots in UK, Singapore, Japan and UAE.

In order to locate people of my own ancestry, I dispensed leaflets with text while wearing a white dress with the same text on it. I brought my bag full of evidence, photo, history and the probable route of how our many forefathers migrated in this region by ship since the beginning of twentieth century. I also had a mirror with some text on it to show mirror through text to local people whether they can recognize their identity through question written on mirror. It is also to see my own face and not to forget my facial identity too. I had a video camera to film the situation.

I am like a spiritual forefather re-discovering my past generations in places, where people from Bangladesh or India first started to migrate massively in the 20th century. They entirely submerged themselves into different society. Their 3rd or 4th generation is about to forget their ancestors.


I wore white dress with text, leaflet with text, mirror, video camera, bag full of evidence, map, photo, marked & shaped mask with topping and shoe.



No comments: